Sheep's Wool Van Insulation
WE ARE NOT STOCKING VAN INSULATION AT THIS TIME. PLEASE PURCHASE R20 Batt insulation and peel in half to get two R10 batts.
Van insulation is the same as our regular R7 batts here. WE DO NOT SHIP THIS PRODUCT - PICKUP IN OUR VANCOUVER PICKUP LOCATION or call us to request a transfer to our Pender Island store!
100% Natural Sheep's Wool Batt Insulation is a high-performance and eco-friendly alternative to conventional insulation.
This product is the same as Havelock's R7 Batt insulation but is compressed for easy transport, perfect for smaller projects that only require a few bags.
Each Bag contains 20 Batts of R7 insulation that are each designed to fit a cavity approximately 16"x48"x2", for a total coverage of 100 square feet per bag.
Benefits of Havelock Wool Insulation:
- Harmful chemicals are in your walls; wool filters the air and improves indoor air quality. The amino acids in wool irreversibly bond with formaldehyde, NOₓ and SO2 on a molecular level.
- Moisture and climate control – moisture and mold happen in your walls. Wool absorbs and adsorbs it against 65% relative humidity.
- Suppresses mold and mildew – natural keratin prevents the spread of mold and mildew.
- Absorbs sound – wool exceeds other forms of insulation as an acoustic buffer.
- Thermal conductivity – wool batts are industry standard at 3.6 per inch; loose-fill outperforms at 4.3 per inch.
- Resists fire – wool will not support a flame below 1100F; conforms to Class A of the ASTM E84 test.
- All-natural – wool insulation is entirely renewable and sustainable.
- Long-lasting – inherent characteristics allow stated R-values to exceed other forms of insulation.
- No off-gassing – natural characteristics make our insulation devoid of harmful chemicals.
- Installs easily – blow-in and batts are installed like other mediums but with no protection required.
Unsure how much product you need? Visit the Havelock Wool Insulation Calculator to know precisely how many bags you'll need for your next project.
If you need more guidance, you can also visit Havelock Wool Youtube Channel.